25 – 27 February 2020
COFIRING BIOMASS WITH COAL is moving from west to east
Cofiring biomass reduces emissions of CO2, introduces a reliable renewable energy source into the existing power plant and grid infrastructure, and increases the value of forestry by-products and agricultural wastes.
In Europe cofiring is well-established due to strong policy and regulatory support
Asia has huge potential for cofiring
- Japan is taking forward more than 20 projects
- China plans 89 pilot demonstration projects
- South Korea, India, Vietnam and Malaysia are expanding their cofiring activity.
- biomass supply, sustainability and logistics
- biomass handling and related safety issues
- biomass pre-treatment
- combustion and gasification
- slagging, fouling and corrosion issues
- power plant conversion/adaptation
- emissions control and ash management
- supportive policies